Excel In Aviation Maintenance
Associate of Applied Science Degree in Aviation Maintenance Technology
Are you ready for an exciting career working at major airports and private airfields across the country? By earning your Aviation Maintenance Technology Degree, you open the door to more options and competitive advantages upon graduation and throughout your career. Plus, the degree only requires an additional 24 general education hours on top of the Airframe and Powerplant Technician diploma program.
At MIAT, our aviation training focuses on teaching students the advanced precision skills necessary to become FAA Certificated Airframe and Powerplant Technicians. With the strong foundations that we provide, our graduates are prepared to start their exciting careers immediately.
Our top-notch aviation programs have even been featured in the Aircraft Maintenance Technology magazine as part of a cover story entitled “Now Hiring” on the increasing number of job opportunities in the aircraft maintenance industry. Learn more about the industry and our role within in it as one of the top educators helping to fill these job openings here.
Here are just a few of more than 40 precision technical skills MIAT graduates master during their training:
- Gear systems and operation
- Sheet metal fabrication
- Composite structure fabrication
- High performance piston and turbine engines
- Avionics and advanced electrical systems
- Plus dozens more!
Are You Career Training Ready? Find Out! Take the MIAT “Career Training Readiness Quiz”
The fun, online quiz takes 3-minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for. Get Your Career Training Readiness score now.
Why earn your Degree in Aviation Maintenance Technology?
- An aviation maintenance degree will give you a competitive advantage in securing an entry-level position by possessing more than the position’s minimum requirements.
- MIAT’s research through Program Advisory Committee Members from aviation employers shows that they will often consider advanced educational credentials when promoting from within their organizations.
- Employers who answered surveys from the MIAT Career Services Department stated they are looking for applicants who possess critical communication, problem solving, and analytical skills that can be acquired by completing a college degree.
Credits earned by graduates of the MIAT Airframe and Powerplant Diploma or Certificate Programs will transfer toward the AAS Degree upon acceptance into the program.
Get Backed by Over 45 Years of Success
Since 1969 MIAT School of Technology has helped thousands of individuals get the industry-relevant skills, experience and connections it takes to pursue rewarding technical careers. After more than 45 years in technical career education, MIAT has built an excellent reputation and strong working relationships with top employers.
We partner directly with employers to develop programs specifically tailored to fit their needs. As a MIAT student you get the relevant, up-to-date skills employers are look for.
Is a Rewarding Career in Aviation Maintenance Right For You? Don’t Delay! Get More Info…
To learn more about Aviation Maintenance career training and to explore if MIAT is right for you, fill out the form on this page.
To speak to a friendly and knowledgeable MIAT Advisor right away, call the campus nearest you:
Houston, TX: 888-547-7047
Canton, MI: 800-447-1310
Find out more about the opportunities waiting for you in our Aviation Maintenance Degree program!